Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Be giving or be selfish?

My boyfriend's brother might be going to prison for 3 to 5 years. If he doesn't get a decent lawyer then he will be spending the next couple of years behind bars. It's not that he can't find one it's just he can't afford a good one. He doesn't have a job and the only way he gets money is by donating plasma. But, whenever he gets money he always spends it on cigarettes and alcohol. He's a big time alcoholic. He knows he has a problem and always says he's going to change and get his piorites in line but, never does. The reason he can't find a job is because he has a few felonies and was locked up for about a year for it. He was probation but, just got off. From what he told me he got caught drinking - reminder he's only 20 - and had weed on him. So he got an underage drinking ticket and procession charges. Now this is when it gets hard for me. My boyfriend wants me to borrow him 200 dollars to go toward his brother's lawyer. (My boyfriend already gave him 300 dollars). He asked me to do it for him and not his brother and he would pay me back. It's not like I don't trust that he's not going to pay me back but, heres the thing - me and his brother do not have a good realtionship at all - his brother use to be one of my good friends but, I told him somethings and he went around twisting my words around and my boyfriend almost broke up with me because of it after 3 years! I know his family should be like my family and I should help him out. But, his brother has treated me like s**t so many times and has really hurt me. He hasn't done anything to help me out even though whenever he has needed something in the past I've helped him (before all that happened). Also, I've lived with an alcoholic father my whole life so I know first hand how they are. But, the difference between my father and him is my Dad can keep a job, my Dad puts food on the table, my Dad takes care of his responibilites. I mean what if I do borrow him the money, he doesn't get locked up and my boyfriend does pay me back. What's going to happen? Is he going to learn his lesson? I know it's a risk - chance. But, I know how he is and I don't think he's going to learn from it. I think he would just go back to his old ways. He has gotten off so many times and in a way I think he deserves it. But, at the same time though I know how much it would hurt my boyfriend to see his own brother get locked up once again. And all I want is for him to be happy. I don't know what to do? Should I borrow him the money? I kind've don't want to.. but, I don't know. I need advice ASAP!!! Thank you!Be giving or be selfish?
Seriously - Let the kid go to jail.. He's a punk and is only going to keep at it until he gets in even more trouble. He needs a big time wake up call and by helping him stay out of jail you are only making it worse.Be giving or be selfish?
this is story girl
Don't do it. Your boyfriend is not your husband. So why should you?


So just b/c your BF's stupid brother is an idiot means you have to suffer and make all that money and give it for him and you might never get that money again?


Don't sweety. Don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment