Friday, August 20, 2010

Please help. Is there any way that my friend and her mother, with an alcoholic and abusive stepdad be helped?

Rather than explaining this myself, let me paste how she explains the situation:





';In the morning he always has a hangover.





Also, to clear up some things, I am not being abused.


It is my mother.


Also, most of the abuse is emotional and mental.





I am being emotionally and mentally abused.


Having to deal with all the fighting is difficult.


One time, I worked hard to make this really nice painting in art class.


Then one night, he got mad, and the next morning the painting was gone.


My mom was very pissed because she knew how hard I worked on it.


When she asked him if he did it, he completely ignored her.








My mom told me never to tell the guidance counselor or my friends. She thought my friends wouldn't want to come over anymore if they knew.





If the guidance conselour was spoken to, they would call the police and I would be taken away.





My mom told me that she wants him to die.


But if we leave, we have no where to live.';





Please help me. How can I get help for her?Please help. Is there any way that my friend and her mother, with an alcoholic and abusive stepdad be helped?
She should go into the children's service's office and ask to be placed in foster care. If she's willing to go to that extreme, it's highly unlikely that she would not be placed in foster care. Other than that, continue to tell doctors, school staff members, parents, police, etc until someone does something. The girl needs to not be being the parent. An adult needs to take responsibility.Please help. Is there any way that my friend and her mother, with an alcoholic and abusive stepdad be helped?
I think she and her mother should start attending Alcoholics Anonymous classes. There are several that are for friends and family members of alcholics. That way, they can share their story with others in similar situations and gain strength and support. She and her mother can make it on their own if they try. It may be a little rough for a while, but things will get better. They will be better off in the long run.
You have to call social services on them.They sound like excuse after excuse.The only thing will help them if they hit rock bottom
I think your mother and father should go to marriage counseling or just get divorced
Men like him cannot be cured or helped so tell her to leave his sorry ***. I wish there was a way out but there isnt.
Call WEAVE!
  • myspace pics
  • mortgage company
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment