Monday, August 16, 2010

I think my dad's gf has a drinking problem?

My dad divorced my mom when I was 4 and they've openly hated eachother ever since. My dad was an alcoholic and doesn't drink anymore. My mom drinks but doesn't have a problem. My dad says she's an alcoholic. I lived with my mom until I was 16 when my dad lied enough and paid enough money to convince the court to force my sister and I to move in with him and his girlfriend. She is mentally abusive to my sister and I and while my dad still makes comments all the time about how my mom is an alcoholic (which she's not), I think his gf has a problem. The only time she seems to drink is at family social gatherings and when she's pissed off about something.


Our latest fight was yesterday. I was cooking burgers on the grill and got aggrivated b/c they were falling apart so I came inside for a minute to check my email. The next thing I know, my sister comes in and tells me the gf is out there messing with them. This woman can't keep her hands off of anything. I have to hide things in my room so she won't take them. So this set me off and I went down to the garage where my dad was and told him that once again, his gf can't keep her hands to herself. So he goes upstairs (normally when she starts something with us, he just tells us to stay out of her way and quit worrying about little things) and i guess told her to leave the grill alone and this started world war 3 all over again. She started yelling and dropping the f bomb every other word, saying I was a ';crybaby little *****';, comes in my room and yells and goes off on me saying she only tries to help and we're all assholes, goes and gets her purse and gets in her car, leaves blackmarks going out of the driveway and all the way down the street. I went back out to flip the burgers again and she comes home about 5 minutes after she left, packs a bag, and right before she gets in her car (i was still on the back porch), yells ';daddy! daddy! she's touching my food!.....CRYBABY!!!'; and takes off again, tires sqealing.


I'm 19 and my sister is 15. I haven't moved out yet b/c I can't afford to. I decided to graduate from college 6 months ealier and take a diploma instead of my associates degree so i can move out and move my sister in with me. I can't stand watching my sister be miserable anymore and my dad won't let her move back to my mom's. She should have the choice but sadly she doesn't. She has it counted down to the precise day that she can move out, which is when she turns 17.


So I guess I have a few questions here:


1. Do you think this broad has a drinking problem? and


2. How can my sister move back to my mom's when my dad says no and my mom doesn't want to go back to court?


3. Do you think this woman is mentally abusive?


4. What should I do? Call the lawyer we had? Call the counselor we were ordered to go to? File some sort of a police report?


There is so much other stuff I could tell, but this is extremely long already and it would probably be novel length. And our fight from last night is definitely not the worst of it.I think my dad's gf has a drinking problem?
That's not good. But if I thought bout it my life's basically on the same level of miserableness. But anyways...tell your dad to break up with that stupid girl. You should be able to convince your dad that she doesn't do the right things and she's making you and your sister's life horrible. She probably does have a drinking problem. Because if she gets mad that easily then goes out drinking, that means she's probably been drinking a lot of her life to calm herself. Your sister is probably going to need to just wait until she's legally able to move. But you could try running away....It might sound stupid, but if you actually run away your dad and possibly that freaky girlfriend will actually be willing to let you go to your mom's. I've done this before to get my mom to stop telling me I'm useless. It worked. But you never know, it might not work. I think it's worth trying. And yes, she is mentally abusive. But almost every single person on the face of the Earth is. Calling the counselor or lawyer seems like a nice way to fix this. But if anything leads to physical abuse you should definitely go to the police. I hope I helped in any way. :\I think my dad's gf has a drinking problem?
o that is sad
The really sad part of your story is you and your sister being dragged into insane adult behavior. And it's from all sides, so my first suggestion is for you and your sister to make a pact and guarantee each other that you will never turn out like your parents and the stepmother. Realize that all the parenting goes out the door the minute you are forced into their world and it really doesn't matter who's right or wrong it's simply issues that concern people who made ugly choice and want you to know their pain which is self inflicted. You're not going to like my answer but believe it's the only way you can get yourself and sister out with the least amount of mental anguish. Tell your Dad and Stepmother you are sorry for causing problems and will try to do better in the future. Meanwhile begin planning your move (don't write anything down!). begin investigating jobs that you could do to support yourselves and make inquiries, come on your a college girl be creative, remember part or most of this is for your sister. Make this plan work by making the adults in your life think you have changed, be stealthy, conscientious, and do your best to please.... You don't have to tell your sister all the facts just let her know that the plan is to move when you are ready. Remember this: There is no logic in the type emotion spilling out of your Dad's house so don't fight it - it won't do any good as I'm sure you already know. So after you give me my ten points destroy this answer because you are probably being spied on also. And good luck to you and your sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment