Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Please, help!!! this is long, but i really, really, really need advice.?

to cut a long story short.well long, but you know what i mean.


im 18 years old, and my dad is a real alcoholic. my mum put up with it for years, and has now left herself with my younger sister to go live at her friends house. i stayed there for 2 months with them but its driving me crazy not being in my own house, so i came back to live with my dad, in our house.


i haven't had a job since i left school since i suffer anxiety and panic attacks, which i attend counselling for. i had to drop out of school because of them.


i have been ill with them for 2 years. the thing is, my mum is saying she'll get us a house to rent, but she really cant afford it. her friend (who she is staying with) is going to help her financially wise, but only to an extent, and they are having trouble finding a cheap, but suitable, place to rent. i don't know how long that'll be, but my dad has been to see a department for his alcohol problems and has been on tablets for the past 3 years, but keeps lapsiong and giong back to the drink. he just cant' stay away.


he is unemployed, as am i, and all through the night he makes groaning noises, wanders about the house, screams, swears, drinks, and goes to bed. it's driving me crazy.


i really wish i was well enough to get better and be able to go out, get a job, and fend for myself, but it just isn't possible just now, because of my anxiety issues, and of course all of this, and living with an alcoholic dad, has made it worse. i can't stop my counselling either.


i basically feel at a loss. i have nowhere to go really. the choices are, staying with my drunk dad everyday, and running the house, feeding the pets, etc, doing nothing and losing sleep, or living in a strangers house for goodness knows how long, with my mum who is going roun the bend and my sister.


however, when i was staying at my mums friends with them, they go out to work and school during the day, and i was clearly inside the whole time because thats what i do, as i cant work, so it was really unbearable.


what should i do?


please, any advice would be grateful.


again, i apologize that this is so long, thanks xxxxxPlease, help!!! this is long, but i really, really, really need advice.?
Get back in school and finish atleast one course that can get u a stable job that provides stable mney and then u can pay for rent 4 ur new house and u can live with ur sister and mother.Please, help!!! this is long, but i really, really, really need advice.?
what do you want to do


can you explain to us


no matter how long


what your ambitions are
it really sounds like you need to be with your mom because if nothing else you know that you have emotional support from her. Whereas your dad is a drunk and is just stressing you out even more. I think you need to go back to your mom, continue your counseling, and just try to relax. (I know its easier said than done) but alcoholics are very dangerous and you dont want him to get into a drunken rage and do something very bad to you. Go back to your mom. for your own safety. Good Luck%26lt;3
What you need to do is to control your panic attacks well enough so that you can hold down a job. There are medications that can do this, so go to a doctor (I mean a real MD type doctor) and get a suitable prescription. (Such as Seroquel XR). Then get yourself a job and a place to stay, and move out.





These medications will make you a little spacey and slow you down some, but there are many jobs that you could hold down. You wouldn't want to be, say, a nuclear power plant operator. (Although you certainly could be, I don't advise it because I live downwind of a nuclear plant!). Pick a job that is not too safety critical.





Once you become self sufficient, then you can consider your Big Dream.
well i would say u should go live with u mum and mum friend then have to live with a drunk dad .. and have to do all the work and he just sits there and gets drunk hun u need to live with ur mum

No comments:

Post a Comment