Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should give up alcohol?

Hi i'm a 19 year old girl from the UK, and every weekend I go out to a club with my friends and have a LOT to drink.





I don't always get drunk depending on what I've eaten, however there have been a few times when I've blacked out, though I don't go that crazy anymore.





I eat healthy all week, and have no caffiene or fizzy throughout the week, but when Friday comes I drink about 2 or 3 bottles of wine during the whole night. I love wine and see this as my treat.





How bad is this for my health??





I'm wondering if I should cut back?





PS: Don't preach to me about being an alcoholic, as I'm not and never would be, I live with an alcoholic for 17 years, and would know when to stop things if they ever went that far.Should give up alcohol?
why don't you try drinking socially...that is maybe 3 - 4 glasses for the whole night 2 - 3 bottles...ladies are to have class not trash....grant you are only 19 and your peers are older so how did we act at that age..... the same but we grew up.......some of us grew up and are drug insisted alcoholics and others had enough and either drink one or two a night or just socially......but remember.....it is all your choice.....Should give up alcohol?
You should try to control your alcohol intake, maybe glass of wine/hour, not more than 3 glasses. Blackouts and loss of control are signals that it is not ';using'; alcohol but ';abusing';.


And you are 19, weekends can become ';also weekdays'; easily, you are in higher risk, when somebody in your family is alcoholic.


But I think you don't feel the need to change your behavior now, these are only first worries.
no you do not know when to stop -- you are a classic (as I am)


dry drunk -- you are going down that road to alcohol problems as I did....
Let me get this straight - you go out every weekend with your friends and have a LOT to drink - my question to you would be are you going out to be with your friends or using them as an excuse to drink and how many friends do you go out with that don't drink. Next, now you only drink up to the point that you don't black out or go crazy - now that is a real non-problem. My next question is how does eating healthy all week justify drinking 2 or 3 bottles in one sitting if not for the effect. How bad is it for my health-- Lets see - you eat healthy all week and then demand that your liver and brain cells take a beating - How healthy is that. Should you cut back - Why eat healthy then dump all that work and effort down the drain. Then you say don't preach to me about being an alcoholic - OK - just because your style is different does not change the facts - my suggestion is try going out for the next month with your friends and not drink after all this is a non-problem question.
Wine has antioxidants in it which are good for your body and make it age slightly less rapidly. However that much alcohol is probally ruining your arteries and damaging your brain. Dont so much give up alcohol, just drink less and you should be fine, after all everyone needs to relax sometime!
well, i think you are worried about your self becuase if you werent then you wouldnt be asking this question on yahoo answers. so maybe you should cut back a little. I mean, your 19 years old, so its not that bad to go out and get drunk becuase thats what 19 year olds are suppose to be doing on weekends. But its all up to you. If you feel you are drinking to much, then just drink less.

No comments:

Post a Comment