Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Please help, I am desperate!! I need information on how to get my husband in to alcohol rehab.?

I live in South Carolina. My husband drinks every single day (usually a case or more of beer a day or 2-3 pints of liquor a week in combination with the beer). we have 2 wonderful children (13 %26amp; 10) who are suffering greatly because of this. They are always scared to be around him when he is drinking because he likes to play and wrestle with them, but always gets too rough. He loses his temper with my son almost daily and has jerked him around by his arm and I'm scared because it is escalating. I have made him move out but my children always cry and beg for him to come back. (When he is not drinking he is a wonderful person and excellent father) I am trying desperately to keep our family together, but I can't hold on anymore. He is becoming more aggressive and out of control everyday. His father is aware of the problem and has tried talking to him, but nothing is working. I know it sounds like a no brainer and that I should just throw him out and if it were just me, I would, but my children get so upset and they worry that he may injure himself or get hurt while he is drinking. We have tried mini-interventions, but he always refuses to admit that there is a problem and storms out. At this point I want to find information on having him committed involuntarily and I have heard that this is possible if a spouse and a parent are willing, but I can't find any information on how to get the process started. His health is failing and he has constant injuries because of his drinking and I worry that he will die if he does not get help soon. (He is only 31), however his uncle died at 40 because of his alcoholism. I don't want that for my children and it is hard to see the generous wonderful man that I married turning into a monster. I can't relax even for a minute because I have to keep a constant watch on him especially when he loses his temper so frequently. If anyone out there has lived with an alcoholic you know how terrifying it can be. It is affecting my children mentally and emotionally and I have been on anti depressants and suffered from anxiety and panic attacks over the last 3 years. PLEASE HELP. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please don't judge me and say that I am stupid, I just feel like I am stuck between a rock and hard place. No matter what I do my whole family will suffer. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.Please help, I am desperate!! I need information on how to get my husband in to alcohol rehab.?
you need some professional help.look up a group in your area called ALANON .not only will they help you,they will explain in detail what to do about your husbands drinking.its a real good group to contact,Please help, I am desperate!! I need information on how to get my husband in to alcohol rehab.?
I'm pretty sure that only way to get him into alcohol rehab would be of his choosing or some kind of alcohol related run in with the law.


--------------------


My ex husband is an alcoholic and a drug addict. I understand how you want to help him because you love him but you need to think of your children. You may need to take them and leave him. I truly understand how he is a wonderful man when he doesn't drink but it's obviously taking a huge toll on you and your children. Please put them as your first priority.
is there any way you could have him sectioned under the mental health act? like put in a mental home? or have him put into hospital? im sorry to hear what has happened :( it sounds like you need to contact someone very soon. For the sake of you and your children you must have your husband get some urgent immediate help.


Hope this helps :)
Call Alcoholics Aynonomous and I would also call Alive for a professsional opinion. Sounds like theres some abuse and fear, which is normal for you to feel. OR pack up your things while he is at work and leave. When he comes home and your not there, I'm sure he will try to contact you or find you. Tell him you are not coming home until he gets some help. It's called ';Tough Love';. Call ALIVE, they will help you set up a plan.
Sorry to say my X was like that and the only thing i could do was take my kids and leave. its the only answer with so many things that you can't help him do. He refuses to get help and no w i also have a son that way. its very upsetting. the x still drinks and monster but hes remarried now. If you feel you want to try one last time go ahead and get with health people and try but i assure you he iwll not stop for no one. take care and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment