Friday, August 20, 2010

I have a depression problem and im only 17?

okay so i am always depressed at home and i have too many reasons to describe it on a web page. i dont have a family, and my parents are split up. my mother is an alcoholic and i live alone with her while my bro is in college. anyway, the only time i am happy is when i am with the one i love which is my boyfriend of 3 years. you can understand how love goes so i wont go on lol. but anyway i have to spend a lot of my time at home and i get so depressed and never want to go anywhere, do anything, or even talk without being with my bf. i always want to be someone else and i feel like i am a no body. please tell me what kind of antidepressent is best for me. thank you.I have a depression problem and im only 17?
Hello:





Anti depressents are not always the answer. Getting to the root of our problems is the number one thing to do. It is obvious living with an alcoholic mother, and not having much family has left you insecure, unhappy, and frustrated. I think you should get some counseling for starters. This will allow you to talk about your feelings to a professional and gain some insight on how to overcome your depression. Is there anyone you could go live with and have a family life you so deserve? Every human being wants and needs to feel loved and needed. Staying home all the time and not talking is not healthy. Go to a friends and share your feelings. Best of luck to you and God Bless.I have a depression problem and im only 17?
Ok, young lady, this is your answer as I see it. First and foremost; This is not the place to be asking ';what antidepressant should I use?'; You will get as many different answers as there are people who answer your question. The answer to that question is best answered by your psychiatrist.


Secondly, yes, you have a definite depression problem....you need to see your family doctor and / or your psychologist AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN!
You might want to try contacting Alcoholics Anonymous, even though you're not the alcoholic. They have support for children and families. Maybe they could recommend a counselor.





I try to avoid medication if there's another option first, especially one that would deal with the genuine issues you have in your life. But if that doesn't work out, there's always the medication.





p.s. It's encouraging that you've been with your boyfriend for so long, it shows you can have a stable relationship. As much as you may love your mother, you don't need to be her!
Try to find something else that make you happy beside your bf. Get to know yourself more , whats your strengh and what you capable of, inspite focusing on your negative side and what you cant do.


Set a goal, just a small goal/aim to keep you moving, consistently as big goal are harder to achive, in time.


Look in whats your interest, like maybe photography , music etc and join a club /society and focus on it.


If things dint happen its ok, try other things. Life is about experiencing and doing mistakes and learning from it.


One door closed,another door open for you:)Good luck
I think you should consider talking to a doctor,who can prescribe the right medicine for you. You might even talk to a counselor.Whatever you choose to do good luck!
Being 17 has nothing to do with it. Depression and mental illness are on the rise! I began counseling when I was 10. It sounds like you really have a lifeline in your bf, but you should be careful about becoming dependant on him. If something were to go wrong (I'm not saying it will, just an if), you will be left in quite a situation if he's your only hope.





I think you should try a little counseling before you go onto any anti-depressants. I know they're marketed as a catch-all solution for all your depression problems, but in reality they're highly addictive and it often takes a few trials before you get the right one for you. In the mean time you'll be miserable with the ones that won't work. They can make you even more depressed or turn you into a ';zombie.'; And getting off of them is even worse.





If you insist on anti-depressants, I suggest avoiding zoloft! I'm trying to get off it right now and the withdrawal symptoms alone make me want to die! It's horrible!
  • myspace pics
  • human skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment