Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with a dying father?

I am a dependent living with my father and alcoholic mother.


My father is dying of cancer.


I know I need to make my time with him as best as possible.


How do I deal with this? What am I supposed to feel? How am I supposed to come through without further dysfunctional development?How do I deal with a dying father?
When my mother died of cancer when I was young, I kept everything bottled up.


In hindsight, that hurt me in the long run in how I dealt with people for the rest of my life.





I would suggest looking for a support group for families of cancer patients in your area, and talking things out with those who will understand. Perhaps you can limit your developmental damage.





You will always carry a part of your father with you.





And remember, when things can't get worse they can only get better.





Best wishes in hard times.How do I deal with a dying father?
';I know I need to make my time with him as best as possible.


How do I deal with this?';


If it were my father, I'd want to share my deepest more honest feelings with him.





';What am I supposed to feel?';


Feelings surface from within your body. You should not try to impose what you are supposed to feel on top of that. Your father may appreciate an honest and genuine disclosure of your true feelings without judgment.





';How am I supposed to come through without further dysfunctional development?';


I would talk to a trusted counselor or older person with whom you can confide. They should be able to give you some guidance on ow you can deal with all of these very difficult issues. Share your feelings honestly.
its hard to deal with someone dying and i don't think that you can be really prepared for this but you do expect this because you know that he is dying. . . but when he finally does go you think of it like this - he is no longer suffering and he wont be in harms ways any longer . . . of course you are going to feel grief and heartache but you have to understand that your dad would want you to be as strong as possible for you and your mother . you just ask god or whoever you pray to to give you the strength you need to get by all the dysfunctional negativity .





good luck %26amp; god bless

No comments:

Post a Comment