Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can i help a an alcoholic?

i want to go live with her for a week, how can i convince her to seek professional help? in the meantime maybe slowly trying to sober her up.How can i help a an alcoholic?
If she is truly an alcoholic, staying with her, hiding or limiting her alcohol, etc. won't make any difference in the long run. You might want to try to have a caring, candid conversation with her, explain what you see and why you are concerned. Ask her to get help. even offer to help her find it. But she has to do it for herself, not anyone else.





The only other thing you can do is go to Al-Anon. It is a support group or friends and famiy of alcoholics. There you will find hope and help. They won't tell you how to make the alcoholic stop drinking, but they will help you to find a saner, healthier life for yourself. You will find experience, strength and hope.How can i help a an alcoholic?
ok, I had an issue with alcohol, and I had to figure out why I drank mainly and get rid of the booze. I drank when I was depressed, happy, every time, but I had a very supportive doctor and great friends that helped me through it and helped me find the good in life other than alcohol and think of what dreams and things in life I wanted to accomplish. I do counseling too. Not embarrassed of it either. :o) I still drink and I am borderline still but I just think of the negative impact it had on my life. I was sick and everything and I couldn't get anything done. Plus the money for booze is crazy after awhile
One of the main problems is who does she relates to...can she quit those friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment