Monday, August 16, 2010

Should I give up alcohol?

Hi i'm a 19 year old girl from the UK, and every weekend I go out to a club with my friends and have a LOT to drink.





I don't always get drunk depending on what I've eaten, however there have been a few times when I've blacked out, though I don't go that crazy anymore.





I eat healthy all week, and have no caffiene or fizzy throughout the week, but when Friday comes I drink about 2 or 3 bottles of wine during the whole night. I love wine and see this as my treat.





How bad is this for my health??





I'm wondering if I should cut back?





PS: Don't preach to me about being an alcoholic, as I'm not and never would be, I live with an alcoholic for 17 years, and would know when to stop things if they ever went that far.Should I give up alcohol?
lol, i have the same problem, just with vodka and clear drinks like that. I usually get drunk about 2-3 times a weekShould I give up alcohol?
Did you mean 2-3 glasses, or really 2-3 bottles? That's a lot of wine. But if you enjoy it, and it's not having a negative affect on your personal or professional life, then I guess it's your decision on whether or not you need to quit.
That is a question only you can answer.





But you want our/my opinion so it goes like this.





No, do not stop drinking if you enjoy doing so. But check yourself.





I attended a lecture in which a medical doctors quoted himself, ';alcohol is dire to health physically than heroin.'; He separate the physical from the psychological affects of alcohol with this qualifying statement. He then listed the body organs that alcohol affects in a negative manner.


:brain, heart, liver, pancreas, kidneys, lungs, skin, colon. Pretty much all major organs are affected by alcohols effects.


He also went on saying that it is the chronic everyday-heavy drinker that is truly at risk for catastrophic health problems. And that moderate drinking is in most cases beneficial.





You say that you drink on Friday nights. This gives your body plenty of time to heal itself. Of course you are helping it along by drinking mass quantities of water, right?





I think you know the signs if you are becoming dependent on alcohol so check yourself.





Relax do not worry and enjoy.
I quit recently and I don't miss it one bit...I don't have hangovers anymore and I feel fantastic. If you want to have a pint every now and then go for it but don't drink in excess. That's where I used to get into trouble...
If you have to ask the question twice then YES! you should give it up. Don't allow others to make the choice for you though. You are the only one who can choose. Everyone can tell you to stop, but the only way you will is if you want to!!!
  • long hair styles
  • Electric Scooter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment