Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Has anyone else had an alcoholic parent?

How did you deal with it? I've lived with my mom forever, and I can't take it anymore that she is an alcoholic. Every night she sits back with a bottle of wine and gets trashed. I'm ready to move on with my life, but the thing is I'm worried about how she will be without me. I'm going into the Military so I'm going to be moving out soon.





Any advise would be great.Has anyone else had an alcoholic parent?
My mother was I moved away to go to college she did fine without me, she had her bottle and t.v. We tried helping her to no avail, you can only help a person for so long, some don't want help. Sorry you are going through this.Has anyone else had an alcoholic parent?
OK well there is a reason why she is drinking and getting trashed. Find out why and maybe you can help. furtheremore, you should def talk about it with someone and dont hold in your emotions. also, know that its not your fault for real. haha also avoid arguing with her. when she isnt drunk consider talking to her about how it makes you feel. and when she is drunk and is yelling at you, keep your cool. Lastly, dont let it get to you where it feels like your in an empty room and your being pushed into a corner. Good luck in the military for real, thanks.
1) Al-anon will teach you loads.


2) military: bad choice. You need real life to overcome the damage she's done to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment