Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What should I do...? (20 Characters)?

My mum is part of an organisation that helps disadvantaged kids. She volunteered to have a girl stay at our house for 4 weeks as part of a program to help these kids adapt to normal family life. After she stays with us, the girl will travel interstate to live with permanent foster parents.





The girl in question is 13, the same age as me, and smokes 20 cigarettes a day, drinks all the time and has had 2 abortions. She swears like mad and gets into trouble at school. She hangs around with kids much older, bunks off school if she feels like it and is rude to everyone. For the past six months she has been either homeless or staying with friends. Her dad walked out on her and her mum when she was little, and her mum is an alcoholic and former drug addict.





My mum (understandably) expects me to look after the girl while she is staying with us. She will be going to my school for the next 4 weeks. I don't want to admit it to my mum, but I am really scared of doing this. I lay in bed at night and think about how awful it is I have to do this, but then I feel really guilty because I knoe that I am the one with the good life. Im scared she is going to beat me up or something. I feel bad for feeling like this though because i dont want to dissapoint my mum and I do want to help this girl.





What should I do to welcome her, and to make her feel like she can trust me?What should I do...? (20 Characters)?
This is your mother's deal.





Not yours.





You should tell your mother that if she wants to go around saving the world, that's fine, but she needs to think of your safety and comfort before that of random strangers.





This isn't on you. I feel it's completely unfair to make you ';take care of'; this girl. Rediculous!





I think you should tell your mother off. I think you have every right to a good night's sleep no matter what good deeds your mother decides to drag home with her.What should I do...? (20 Characters)?
Just make her feel welcome by hanging out and talking to her like she can trust you and tell you anything. That's what you're there for. I doubt she's going to beat you up if you're nice to her and accept her.
I think 1. You need to express your concerns to your mother and 2. Open your mind and see if this girl isn't like you in many ways.
The more questions you ask the better, ';a wise man always has more questions then answers'; but if you really feel sacred tell/ask your mom about how you feel about this....
once you enter the schoo,leave her alone..dont be with her..she isnt going to tell ur mother..she would be happy alone tooo
You are TOTALLY valid in your feelings, and may I say that you are extremely mature, well-spoken and insightful for a 13 year old. Talk to your mom. Explain your feelings. She will understand. In the end, you probably will have to face your fears a little. you may be pleasantly suprised in how 'normal' and appreciative this girl is. Give her a chance, as acary as it is. I've learned that mose WONDERFUL things in life are scary at first, but choosing not to face our fears may cause us to miss out on the wonderful things. Then again, your fears could be realized. At that point you need to let your parents know IMMEDIATELY that you think your safety is comprimised. Good luck! I hope it turns out to be a happy ending and an unforgetable experience.
Talk to your mom and tell your mom what you feling the good and the ugly. Tell her what if she does this. What if and when your mom say lets try say okay but mom when I talk to you when shes hre will you listen. I mean its also meat school seeping with theis girl. But do not follow her at all. As remeber she is the one that nees help. So do ot think shes cool!!!! Show her how life can be nice when yu do right!! use a count down calander. Also yo may cry when she leaves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment