Friday, August 20, 2010

How to deal with an alcoholic?

I realized tonight that he cannot stop after a few drinks. He has yet to prove to me that he can go a week without alcohol and that it won't stop at just a few drinks. He's broken every ';promise'; to limit himself or not drink.





I seldom drink, and have a hard time telling when he's had more than a buzz. I don't understand why someone would want more than a little buzz anyway.





He just gets VERY obnoxious.





Nice guy, treats me great... we're very compatable on so many levels.





Please don't post telling me to break up with him; addictions are not something which I have much patience for and if this does not improve... well, I'm not counting on it and have already a few plans in place for leaving (sooner or later, depending on different scenarios).





... are there other ways to deal with an alcoholic except for leaving them? Communication strategies? I'd like to NOT leave him, but I cannot live with his excessive alcohol consumption.How to deal with an alcoholic?
Ask him to choose between you and alcohol. You will get your answer on which your future will depend.How to deal with an alcoholic?
Wow, alcoholics can only be helped when it is time. A.A. is so great and alo Non(spelling wrong)also. You should go to these meetings even if he does not. Honestly. You do not know how this will help you in all phases of life. It only took two AlaNon meetings for me to know how to deal with the alcoholics in my life. He is not the only problem, you have problems too. Face your problems and deal with them.
I am a recovering alcoholic and I have been married for 18 years. My wife who I love dearly put up with my cheating, calling her names just down right crap she should never have had to deal with, she went to alanon and even tried to get drunk along with me but I didn't care. Now sober for the last 7 years she says the wait was worth it I sure know that sobering up was the best thing I ever could have done. I am so happy she waited for me to pull my head out of my a__ ill never drink again and spend the rest of my years making her happy
i'm not telling to break uo, just don't deal with him.


just run, run, run
I am a recovering drunk 20 years sober. I have a very strong spouse.








my answer is AL ANON a group made up of anybody who is affected by an alcholic





Good luck!





My sobriety allows me too have the appendage I am sitting on in my avatar photo
KEEP YOUR MAN BUT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT HIM.ALCOHOL IS A DIEASE AND A PERSON NEVER ADMITS THAT HE OR SHE IS A DRINKER.i urge you read about alchohol AND ATTEND THE ALCHOHAL MEETING TO HEAR ABOUT OTHERS'STORY.i DO NOT LIKE TO JUDGE A PERSON IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT YOU CAN LEARN FROM PEOPLE AROUND YOU.THE DRINKER WILL HAVE MORE PROBLEM THAN ANYONE ELSE.IN YOUR CASE HE STILL DENY AND WILL REFUSE A TREATMENT.SO THE HOPE IS SLIM AND YOU WILL FACE MORE PROBLEM IN THE FUTURE WHEN YOU HAVE A FAMILY.GOOD LUCK AND SEEK ADVICE AND HELP HIM AS SOON AS YOU CAN.
I can go many place's with this but iam not iam going to keep it plan and simple. We get with people because we care for them not to change them our for them to change us. There will be a point where he stop being obnoxious there will be a point where you will except him only if you really love him. I have seen this many time's and it's work's the wrinkle's out unless he hit's you than there the big COMMON SENSE FACTOR. I have to deal with people drinking for a living it's not all that bad it can be the pressure on them. Look i dont work for AAA my range is wider than that. Not being mean i take people who drink to much and have the bartender make some coffee and when they sobber up than they can get their space back i get more thank's from being a friend and not hurting them drunk are and talking because that wake up than they are that person you like from the begaining and them are the good time's. Untill he stops on his own and guess what he will if you can just hang in there, Good Day
unfortunatley dear, i cannot offer you any magical words of wisdom...alcoholics are a hard one, trust me i know. My dad is an alcoholic and my last boyfriends was an alcoholic. Unfortunatley they don't change unless they want to, and theres not really anything you can do about it. No, i haven't found an effective way to communicate with them. other than catch them in the morning before they have their first drink of the day. I'm very sorry to hear about this, and please let me know if there is anything i can do! dragonberry_huckefly@yahoo.com
From personal experiences with my pops, what I did is complain ALOT. I even threw his beer away at times. So just try complaining alot, maybe even threaten him to break up with him if he doesn't change ( but don't think about it ), just so he reconsiders drinking. I myself hate alchohol very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment