Friday, August 20, 2010

What should I do with an Alcoholic?

My father is an alcoholic and he has been for like the last 20 years. Ive been in foster homes because of his abuse. I live with him now but he continues his obsessive drinking. I need advice on how to try to make it so that i do not end up in a foster home anymore.What should I do with an Alcoholic?
I was in that same situation as you.. but when my dad was drinking he was married to my ex step mother. He would go out everynight and get drunk. no he's never hit us. But your father is the one that has to want to change. It took 3 months of jail. he was out on parole for 5 years, probation for 6 years and his drivers licence revoked for 8 years.. He just got his licence back in the year 2000. if he is to ever have another drink of alcohol then he goes to a fed prison for 5 years. HE is the one that wants to change his ways. but my ex step mother use to beat me a lot. untill they got divorced. maybe you could go live with another relative untill things get better..What should I do with an Alcoholic?
get him some help. And keep him from by the fire place.
If you are old enough live by yourself
is he even aware that hes alchoholic? i guess not,i think wat he really need is professinal help and a lot of it.
Things won't change. Alcoholics won't change. Good luck.
You can try an intervention, but I would contact alcoholics anonymous, whatever people say they are a great group. You can go yourself if you're afraid your dad won't go and talk to them, they can give you better advice than any of us.





My boss was the same until he went to AA, now he has his own aa group and is a very happy man in love with his family.





best of luck
well maybe a different living arrangement is better for you. Its looks to me as though your fathers drinking problem will not change. It is up to him to decide when he will quit. You are too young to be in that type of environment.
Is there any other family members you can turn to?
how old are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment