Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Am I Codependent?

I am living with an alcoholic. He is not physically abusive but verbally he can be hostile. Everything has to be perfect and done his way. I am in love with him and have been for 7 years. We have really good days and then REALLY bad days when he drinks where i think i cant take it anymore. Then he turns around and is perfect. My mother is trying to wrench me away but I just cannot make the decison to stay or go. He says he cannot live without me which just fills me with guilt. Please help me from someone who has been there. I have to decide today what to do, my mother lives out of state and she is ready to pack me up and leave.


How come I cannot stop thinking about how much it will hurt him to leave instead of myself?Am I Codependent?
being a codependent is feeling the need to fix everything and blaming yourself when things go wrong, weather you had any control or not.


if your husband is an alcoholic you need to decide if you want to live with that the rest of your life. you have every right to be happy and to do that you need to be true to yourself. if your relationship isn't making you happy then you need to leave for your benefit.


you cant truly love another unless you love yourself first.


you can't truly be productive in life unless you are happy in life.


if you stay in a unhealthy relationship you are hurting yourself and those around you who love you and see you hurt.


think of whats best for you and for the majority of those in your life.


your husband might take you leaving as a wake up call and go get treatment.


but don't put future in the hopes of this happening.


if your ready its time for you to move forward and stop holding yourself back.


Good luckAm I Codependent?
no.you are not a co-dependent.im in a same situation like you, the only difference is my ex is a drug addict. The question is is his drinking habits more important than having you in his life? If he's not willing to at least get help and do his best to try save your relationship then he's not worth of your precious time hon. Sometimes some people has to hit the bottom before they realize that everything they have is gone. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment