Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I need an answer from a man: I live with an alcoholic who is getting more abusive with his mouth...?

He hurts me with his accusations that don't even make sense. In fact the accusations are the things that he is doing. I end up being hurt emotionally and I have asked why he doesn't apologize for hurting me. His answer remains the same: ';I have nothing to say sorry for because I have done nothing wrong.'; A couple of times I've tried to live with that, but then a couple of days later, he's at it again. He is hard and cold. Nothing seems to touch him. Are all men like this? For me as a woman, how do you feel that I should handle this? He just sits there slapping back beers as if I don't exist. We are a working couple. For the better part of our relationship I supported him. He has now worked full time for almost three months. I don't rub this in his face. Only when things get really out of hand verbally I also get pathetic towards him. I am hurting really bad living with this very unavailable person. He doesn't care. I really need advice.I need an answer from a man: I live with an alcoholic who is getting more abusive with his mouth...?
Do yourself a huge favor, and contact a Al anon meeting, they are support groups of children and adults of spouses of alcoholics. There is really nothing you can do except leave him and move on with your life, or just continue to deal with it. Very sad, however, very true. Alcoholism is an addiction, and all of the love in the world is not going to make him stop and be a caring person. He obviously doesn't care enough about himself right now to really care what he is putting you through. And he really may not remember because he is having black outs. The very sad reality of addicts is that they either quit or die with their addiction. And the fact that he quits and then begins drinking again, well that is part of the pattern of a alcoholic, it is called in non technical terms a dry drunk. I wish you the best, look in your local yellow pages and find a group to attend, this may prove very helpful to you. Good luck and God bless****I need an answer from a man: I live with an alcoholic who is getting more abusive with his mouth...?
i'mnot a guy but i think u should contact the aa chapters of alanon don't live with verbal abuse eventually you could also be pyshically abused my sister was married to an alcoholic .thank god she came to her senses and left him.

No comments:

Post a Comment