Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What do I do if I live with an alcoholic father?

This is my first time ever even opening up really, especially on the internet. I am 13 years old and I live with an alcoholic father. Recently things have gotten a lot worse. I would consider myself lucky as far as alcoholics go, my father does not abuse me, my mom, or my 10 year old brother. But lately he has started to drink a ton more. My mom is really trying to work things out with him, its just not working. He went to rehab for 6 weeks, he came home and didn't drink for like 5 months. I don't know how or why, but he stated again. He is never in a good mood anymore. My mother is miserable, and her self esteem has almost hit rock bottom. For a couple of weeks my dad moved out of the house to some cheap hotel. My mom thought that this would scare him to stop drinking, not seeing and possibly losing his wife and children. But no, it didn't. This made my self esteem drop very low, apparently im just not good enough for him! I have tried everything. Supportive, loving, and even being mad. But it never works! I don't even like my father anymore, he is drunk on a regular basis, and is always either mad or depressed about something. After about 2 mothes of living seperatly my mom told him to move back in. We just couldnt afford it anymore, he is the one who makes all the money. My mother has a job, but it doesnt pay enough to live on. So we are always scared about what would happen if he got fired. And if we did move out how would we live? on what? and where? The only people that I can talk to about this is My mom, and my school counselor. They are the only people who know. except it is summer, and my mom works a lot! So I find my self crying a lot lately! I just cant take it anymore! I dont know what to do! My mother is also miserable, she is mad at him almost 24/7. They dont even sleep in the same bed. He sleeps in the guest bedroom. I have told my mom that if it would make her happier that they should get divoriced. But this makes me very scared, we would probbebly move out of town, lose all my friends. But I know that it will be better that way. But also if they get divoriced, dont they have to sign a contract that says my bro and I have to spend weekends with my dad or something like that? I dont want to see him! I hate him! I try to avoid him now as much as possible! And if hes drunk all the time how is that safe for us to be alone with him? please help me!!!!!!!!What do I do if I live with an alcoholic father?
Baby, it is not safe to live there with your father. One day, he could get really drunk and harm one of you guys, this breaks my heart for you sweetheart. Try some of these things.





Talk about your feelings and experiences with friends, relatives, school counselors, people in 12-step programs or health professionals.





Try community resources, such as Alateen.





Remember, when it comes to someone else's drinking, you didn't cause it, you can't control it and you can't cure it.





Alcoholism is a disease. Try to love the parent even though you are angry at the disease





If you need anything else, darling don't be afraid to e-mail me, :)


i hope i helped you with everything,What do I do if I live with an alcoholic father?
First off this is not your fault nor is it anyone's fault!!! I had a alcoholic step father and I am a recovering alcoholic myself. I have been sober for over a year now. The only thing that helped me was AA. There is so much more that I want to tell you and I really do feel for you in this situation cause I know how hard it is. Email me if you want. I will be there for you.





dv8lady@yahoo.com





Hang in there sweetie!!
Read again what Miranda said...


{Remember, when it comes to someone else's drinking, you didn't cause it, you can't control it and you can't cure it.} That comment is right on target. None of this is your fault. But it is making your life less than it could be. I think Alcholics anonymous teen division would be a huge help!
Alcoholism effects everyone in the family. Your father has to feel that he has hit bottom before he can start to turn his life around. He may have to go through rehabilitation two or three times before he is able to stop drinking.





His problems have also become your problems. You need a support system and so does your brother. I've included a link to alateen. Go to some meetings to find out how other people who have had the same problems that you are going through have handled them.





Alcoholism is a complex disease in which physiological and psychological problems interact. This interaction makes it more difficult to battle than cancer.





Sean Roberts
this is the exact thing that happend to me but my mom is dead and my sister is basicly my mom





what you can do is tell your aunts ot uncles or grandparents or somone you know can help i can give you more help if you want it jst eail me any time my email is birdie_d_m@hotmail.com





just anytime you need to talk email me im 13 to jut to let you know
Its not too safe for you guys to be alone with him but.. you may want to report him and save yourself if he ever gets drunk again and goes nuts (to 911 stuff they can take him away till hes sober and stuff) I know how you feel, my parents are about to get divorced to. My mom is a alcoholic and she is leaving us (thank god!!!!) and we are so sick of being emotionally hurt and being yelled at all the time while she gets drunk and makes up lies.


Try to live with your mom and get your dad to get out again and somehow maybe you guys can get buy like if your mom can find some way to get more money or something. Have your dad send child support too, that would help.


Good luck!!!!!!
  • how to view private myspace
  • human hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment